We are ready to bid 2009 farewell, and look forward to 2010! We hope you all survived the holidays, and are ready to gear up for another year. Let’s all hope that this year brings financial stability to our country, a chance for peace in order for our troops to come home, and a political establishment that will make good decisions for the entire country. There are many hard-working Americans that just want us to all be on a fair playing field. For those who are without work, let’s hope that you find a job soon.
Here are some interesting observances that January presents. We’d like to pass them on:
- National Birth Defects Prevention Month, (March of Dimes)
- National Blood Donor Month
- Cervical Health Awareness Month
- Crime Stoppers Month
- Eye Health Month
- Fiber Focus Month
- Glaucoma Awareness Month (Prevent Blindness America)
- Thyroid Disease Awareness Month
If you know someone who has any of the above health problems, get involved and see if you can help! We call need to be “Crime Stoppers” every day and be more aware of things that happen around us.
Here’s a little “January Trivia”, Days of Interest:
- 1st – New Years’ Day, Of Course!
- 15th – First Superbowl game (Green Bay Packers beat the Kansas City Chiefs, 1967)
- 18th – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 19th – Texas State Holiday – Confederate Heroes Day
- 24th – California Gold Discovery Day, 1848, at Sutters Mill.
- 25th – Elvis’ First #1 hit released, “Heartbreak Hotel”, 1956
- 27th – Viet Nam Peace Accord, 1973. End of the Viet Nam War.
- 28th – U.S. Coast Guard was established in 1915.
We sincerely hope that 2009 was a good one for you and yours, and that 2010 will be even better! Please make a pledge to work and play safely. We wish a healthy, Happy New Year to you and yours! Hello, 2010!