When we started checking out all the national observances for the month of November, we found it will be a very busy month!
First, for those involved, Daylight Savings Time began Sunday, November 2nd. Tomorrow, November 4th is a very important day for the United States: the day we elect a new President! November 10th is a day that has celebrated the Marine Corps birthday since 1921. On November 11th, Veterans Day honors all those who have defended the Unites States. This day commemorates the signing of Armistice in 1918, which ended World War I.
Get ready, here the list of other things to be aware of:
- National Adoption Month
- National Novel Writing Month
- National Peanut Butter Lovers Month
- National Pomegranate Month
- National American Indian and Alaskan Native Heritage Month
- National Career Development Month
- National 4-H Month
And, Health Related Observations:
- National American Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Epilepsy Awareness Month
- National Alzheimer’s Awareness Month
- National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
- National Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- National Marrow Awareness Month
- National Hospice Month
Last, but not least, Turkey Day! Thanksgiving will be observed Thursday, November 27th, and will kick off the holiday season. Black Friday will follow Thanksgiving Day, which is usually a very busy shopping day, as folks try to get ahead of the holiday shopping rush.
We hope November will be a safe month for everyone, either at home or traveling. We have much to be thankful for in this great country of ours; keep those above-featured observations in mind as you go through this month. Hopefully, we didn’t overlook anyone.