Sent by Jake at Custard Media
Whether you are a professional contractor or you are a homeowner who has decided that it is time to take on those home improvement projects, keeping yourself safe on a building site is important. There are a number of things that can be hazardous on a construction site. In order to keep yourself safe, here are a few things that you should look out for and pay attention to:
1. Debris – Whether you have lumber lying around that you have cut or your tools are in the way, anything that is on the site can cause you to trip and fall. You should ensure that you keep things put away at all times. This includes wood pieces of all sizes and of course, your tools. Be sure also to keep power cords away from walking areas.
2. Make sure that you are being safe when working with electricity. Electrical accidents are among the most common found on construction sites. You should have all electricity checked by a professional electrician or if you are completely unaware of how power lines and cords should be installed, hire a professional electrician to do this work for you.
3. All of your tools and other equipment should be in pristine condition at all times. You should never attempt to use power tools that are not in good working condition.
4. All storage should be done safely as well. Boxes and other items should not be stacked high. You want to be certain that there is not a danger of objects falling and causing injury. Scaffolding should be fitted by professional contractors to prevent falling.
5. When digging or excavating, always ensure that holes are covered safely when they are not being used and never store tools, equipment or other material near the edge of an excavation site.
Most of these tips are simply common sense and many contractors and homeowners know perfectly well how to protect themselves from accident and injury. You should however, read through and follow these recommendations just to be on the safe side. If you have workers on your site, ensure that they are following safety precautions as well.
This article was written by Mather and Stuart, providing the UK with reliable and affordable generators for hire for a number of needs. Find out more here.
We appreciate these safety tips, which should be followed. Check out http://www.tasco-safety.com for all the personal protective equipment you need for your projects. pb