Want a fresh new look on your walls? Need ideas for painting a nursery? Painting is not hard if you know the basics, and these eighteen blog entries will give you all the information that you need to successfully paint your own walls. Once you get the hang of painting you’ll be unstoppable, no more wasting money hiring someone else to paint your rooms! And as tempting as it may be, make sure that you don’t skip the prep-work, because it could make the difference between a job well done and one that looks less than perfect.
Preparing to Paint & Tools
Preparing a room and walls properly for painting makes the paint go on smoother and ensures that you are proud of the finished product. The walls need to be clean, nail holes should be filled and any areas where you don’t want paint need to be taped off. These six blog posts will walk you through the steps you should take before picking up a paint brush.
- Essential Steps for Preparing to Paint a Room This article covers color choice, paint finish and how to get your room ready to paint.
- Tips for Preparing a Room for Painting Here are ten steps to get your room ready to paint.
- Wall Prep Before Painting: A Few Tips & Tricks This blogger helps make prepping your room a little easier by giving you some tips and tricks.
- 6 Preparation Steps Every Room Needs Before Painting Here are step-by-step instructions to prepping your room before you paint. This is a thorough list.
- House Painting for Beginners An overview for what you need to do before you start painting.
- Painting a Wall Information about prep-work that needs to be done before you start painting, as well as a video showing you how to paint the wall.
In addition to prepping the walls for paint, there are other things that you need to keep in mind, so you’ll need to know all of the correct tools for the job. For instance, you can’t start and stop just anywhere while you are painting if you want consistent color across the wall. Learn information about cutting in when you read through the following six blog posts about painting your walls.
- Baby Nursery Wall Ideas Baby Nursery Paint Tips BabyZone Tons of pictures with creative ideas for decorating a nursery.
- Tips to Painting a Room This blogger explains about the planning phase where the color choice happens.
- DIY Painting Tips, Tricks, and a Step-By-Step Guide You’ll find the most complete description of painting from start to finish here. This article also touches on tools for the job.
- Painting Homes: A Beginners Guide Some good advice is shared in this article regarding color choice, painting the room and doing a successful painting job.
- Interior Painting A smart safety warning about lead paint is covered in this blog post.
- How to Paint a Room This article contains a lot of information to help you from start to finish so you do the best paint job possible.
Advanced Tips & Clean-Up
Here are some tips regarding clean-up and how to care for your brushes and tools so that they will last a long time. Along with the clean-up tips, there are some tips for different paint treatments that are simple enough for a beginner to do with a little guidance.
- How Painting Contractors Take Care of Their Paint Brushes A thorough explanation of how to clean your brushes after painting and how to store them for future projects.
- Taking Proper Care of a Paint Brush Cleaning techniques are covered, as well as a reminder to keep the packaging that the brush came in to store it for later use.
- How to Clean and Store Paint Brushes and Rollers Step-by-step instructions and a video are included to show you how to clean your brushes and rollers.
- 4 Things to Consider When Picking a Wall Color Advice is given about what things you should consider in your room when you are picking a paint color.
- 10 Tips for Painting Stripes on Your Wall Step-by-step instructions are given on how to paint stripes on your wall. If you take your time, even a beginner can have professional results.
- Quirky DIY Painting Ideas for a Feature Wall in the Home If you are afraid of too much color you might try painting a feature wall with a more saturated color. You can use a coordinating neutral paint color on the remaining three walls.
These great tips were sent to us by Jeralyn Nelson, of http://www.housesittingjobs.com
You might want to stock up on some face masks to keep you from inhaling dust particles and the paint itself, especially varnish. pb