Since we have talked about distracted drivers, we thought it might be fun to share this email we got today from a friend. True or not, isn’t it amazing the stories we humans come up with? Here goes…….
People who experienced automobile accidents were asked to explain what happened in a few words or less on insurance or accident forms. The following quotes were taken from these forms and were eventually published… ·
- Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.
- The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intentions.
- I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
- A truck backed through my windshield into my face.
- A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
- The guy was all over the road; I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
- I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.
- In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
- I had been driving my car for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.
- As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in place where no stop sign had ever appeared before.
- I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.
- To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.
- My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.
- An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle, and vanished.
- I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found that I had a skull fracture.
- I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the roadway when I struck him.
- The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him.
- The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.
- The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front.
Can you top any of these? All joking aside, we really need to take our driving seriously and pay attention to the road!