It can be a scary time for parents when their teenagers are finally old enough to drive. While you are in the car with her you may feel like you have some sense of control because you’re there to help her make good decisions. However, when she takes off for her first solo drive, you probably will feel a bit anxious. The more you can teach your teen before her first drive by herself, the better off she will be. Here are 30 blog entries that can help the parents of teen drivers.
Cell Phones and Driving
It’s not unusual these days to find that your teen is tied to her cell phone morning, noon and night. Because of this, it’s important that your teen knows that distracted driving is not only dangerous, but is also a leading cause of teenage accidents. Implementing a rule regarding your teen’s cell phone use while driving is important, and could save her life. These five blog posts will explain further.
Texting and Driving
Texting while driving is a dangerous concern for your teen, perhaps even more so than talking on the phone while driving, because you need to type on your phone. Many teenage deaths have occurred because of sending or reading a text from a friend or family member. It’s not just teens who are at risk, though; laws are being put into place to stop texting while driving for everyone. These five blog articles will explain the reasoning behind the changes.
- Teen Drivers Texting Much More Than Parents Think: Study
- Teen Driver Resists the Texting Temptation
- 9 Out of 10 Teenage Drivers are Distracted
- Texting Teen Drivers Challenged to Keep Eyes on the Road
- Federal Way Teens Pledge to Stop Texting While Driving
Proposed Law Changes
Here are five blog posts sharing some of the proposed law changes as they relate to teenage drivers. Many have heard about cell use and texting being banned, but others are related to how many passengers you can have in the car. Read these posts and educate yourself and your teen driver.
- Teen Drivers Could See Limit on Passengers in South Dakota
- New Restrictions Proposed for Teen Drivers in Iowa
- Teen Driving Laws in Pennsylvania Need More Parental Knowledge
- Practical Tips for Parents of Teen Drivers from Someone Who Knows
- Teen Driving Laws
Obviously, parents want their children to drive safely on the road, but how do you teach them everything that they need to know? There are drivers’ education classes that you can send your child to and you can drive with your kids, but is that enough? Some people don’t think so. Here are five blog articles that will show some other ways to teach teens to drive safely.
- Talking to Teens About the Dangers of Distracted Driving
- Teens, Parents Invited to Learn Safe Driving Tips
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers
- Rite of Passage: A Parent’s Role in Teen Driving Safety
- Privileges of Teen Drivers – Tips to Parents
Winter driving can be treacherous and deadly for an experienced driver, let alone a less experienced teenager. Make sure that you practice driving with your teenager in all weather conditions. Letting your teen know how the car could react during certain weather conditions is an important part of teaching your teen to drive. These five blog posts will give you tips on how to teach your teen to drive safely during the winter.
- AAA Says Winter Driving is Good for Teen Drivers
- Interactive Website Helps Prepare Teens for Winter Driving
- Information to Share with Your Teen Driver: Department of Transportation Reminds Motorists to Drive Cautiously Near Snow Plows
- Winter Provides Best Driving Lessons for Teens
- Safe Winter Driving
At the end of the day it is up to the parents to make sure their teen is ready to get behind the wheel. As a parent, do you know everything you need to know in order to make your teen into the best driver that he can be? Here are five blog posts explaining what the role of the parent is in teaching teens to drive. Maybe you will know them all, but you may also pick up a tip or two.
- Teen Driving Habits Stem From Parent Influence
- Parents Are Not the Best Role Models for Teen Drivers
- Time to Refocus Our Efforts on Teen Driving Accidents
- Can a Parental Notification App End Distracted Teen Driving?
Thank you, Barbara, for sharing this vital information with our readers. May everyone teach their teen drivers to maneuver successfully and safely through life! Pat