Many of today’s new businessmen prefer to start a vending business. When it comes to ROI (return on investment) you can expect higher returns with a vending machine, than other business ventures. Basically, you have two options – starting your own business or going for franchise. Either way, you have to ensure safety at all times.
An owner of a vending machine should set priorities and on top must be safety and security. Perhaps you’ve heard about theft and damages, such things can happen unexpectedly and it pays to be prepared at all times. Follow the top ten tips below and you don’t have to worry about your machine.
1. When it comes to the proper installation of the vending machines, follow the steps carefully and make it a point to read the manual firsthand.
2. Check on the machine regularly to see if there are issues or problems. You can make a rotating schedule so that criminals will have second thoughts in committing crimes.
3. If you can afford a CCTV camera, then you need to have it installed around the machine. This is a good idea, but it can also be costly.
4. Make use of anti-theft alarms and devices. Before buying a vending machine, you can check for pre-built alarms or devices; modern machines are equipped with the latest safety technologies that will ensure security even nobody’s around.
5. The part where the cash is kept must be fully secured, and it is better if you collect the earnings every day, or you can use an unpredictable schedule to get the money.
6. Check the machine for possible damage, cracks, and other problems that can compromise its safety. Fix any potential problem and don’t wait until it becomes worse.
7. Install the vending machine in a secured location. Even if a certain place has many potential customers, you should look for another location if the area is not secured especially at night.
8. Don’t buy used and beat up machines. Older models of machines don’t offer much in terms of security.
9. Check the location to see if the machine is well-lit. This is needed to help people find what they need.
10. Online reporting system for effective management of the vending business. This is for those who plan to get a franchise vending machine.
As long as you follow these tips, you can never go wrong with your choice.
Vending machines can also cause injuries. You have to make sure that the machine doesn’t tip over easily. The surface where the machine is installed must be flat and leveled. Many customers tend to shake or kick the machine when something goes wrong. Accidents like this will hold the owner liable, so be extra cautious when choosing a machine.
It is always a good idea to buy the latest or newer vending machines. New models usually consider safety of users and the owner. Don’t forget to put warning stickers. By doing so, the consumer is warned in advance and will also exercise care while handling the machine.
Victor McNamara works at Vending World. Vending World is a leading distributor of vending machines. They have been selling vending machines since 1968 and can fill almost all of your general vending machine needs.
A tip to all of us who use vending machines: keep hand sanitizer in your car or purse, because germs are waiting for us on machines, and any other place used by the public. pb