After you hear a good joke, or clever saying, can you remember all of it to share with someone? I always forget the punch line, or another important part of it, so that’s not my strong suit. We are in the business of helping individuals and businesses protect themselves and their employees at work, home, or play. Safety plays such a vital role in our lives. If you don’t believe me, just count the times the word “safety” is mentioned on the nightly news.
I have been researching safety slogans, and some are funny and others are serious. You can find them on several sites, so I would like to share with you some of the ones I have enjoyed or hopefully, can take some advice from:
Several are related to driving, such as these:
- Drive as if every child on the street is yours.
- Love thy neighbor, just not while driving!
- Anger is one letter away from danger – drive gently!
- Accidents, and particularly street and highway accidents, do not happen – they are caused.
- Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.
- It’s better to crash into a nap than to nap into a crash.
- If everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane!
- Road sense is the offspring of courtesy and the parent of safety.
- Anyone driving slower than you are is an idiot; anyone going faster than you is a maniac!
- And, last, but not least, I love this one:
- The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it!
These slogans are about working safely:
- When safety is a factor, call in a contractor!
- Working safely is like breathing – if you don’t, you die.
- The safest risk is the one you didn’t take.
- Safety doesn’t happen by accident.
- Better a thousand times careful than once dead.
- Safety means first aid to the uninjured.
- Prepare and prevent, don’t repair and repent.
- Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.
- Working without safety is a dead-end job.
- Safety never takes a holiday.
- While on a ladder, never step back to admire your work!
- Hearing protection is a sound investment.
- To learn about eye protection, ask someone who has one.
- Personal protective equipment is self-defense.
- Tomorrow-your reward for working safely today.
- Be alert! Accidents hurt.
- Better dead sure than sure dead.
Slogans that apply to all of us, everyday:
- Safety is as simple as ABC – Always Be Careful!
- Safety isn’t expensive, it’s priceless.
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
- Safety is a cheap and effective insurance policy.
- Chance takers are accident makers.
- Luck runs out but safety is good for life.
- The door to safety swings on the hinges of common sense.
- When you gamble with safety, you bet your life!
- Your safety gears are between your ears!
- Unsafe acts will keep you in stitches.
- Safety isn’t just a slogan, it’s a way of life!
Keep these in mind as you go through your every day life. They are also great ways to remind your children how precious life is and that we do all we can to be safe. We hope you have enjoyed these slogans, and that you will take them to heart.